tirsdag 13. oktober 2009

Inspiration

I`m mandal.
I live my life here. I work, I exercise, etc etc etc..
But what about poverty? What about all the people I really want to help, but I can`t reach them myself, `cause I`m in Mandal. Don`t missunderstand me. I love Mandal. I feel more and more at home here.
Working at the school, playing volleyball, jogging in furulunden, cooking my own food, visiting friends in Kristiansand.. My life is great.

But I have a desire to help other people.
I read the blogs of the students at Hald. How they are out in the world, just like I was a year ago, living and serving in an other country.
But what about me ?

My duty is to spread a message. Spread a message about Hald, about poverty, about the state of our planet, about what you and I can do to stop and turn into a positive direction.

Btw, it doesn`t help that Norway gives more money too emergency help, that to long term reduction of poverty. They money that is ment to be used for that, goes to other kinds of crap. Norway, get a hold of yourself, stop and think for a moment! We need to do something, and we need to DO IT NOW!!

Back to spreading a message.
My point is: When I read those blogs, and I live my life in beautiful Mandal, when I read the bible, when I look at Rob Bell`s nooma movies... I get inspired.
I`m filled up with expectations and antisipation to my work. To tell about Hald and our common goal. To fight povery and help people to help them self.


The view from my livingroom one morning last week!

4 kommentarer:

John Fredrik sa...

Bra skrevet Eirik.
Haaper du har det bra, du gjór en god jobb. Skal fólge med deg?

Blir det mye squash eller?

Eirik A jobber sa...

Takk takk. Good to know :D
Nja, første runde med agnar i dag, etter vi spilte. Men blir nok mer og mer utover nå. Spilte uavgjort med agnar i dag. Måtte gi oss pga tid, men hadde slått`n ;)

Agnar Aasland sa...

Usikkert på den gitt... Er redd du hadde tatt me på kondisen. Vi får ta en hel time til uka og se hvem som holder lengst!!

Eirik A jobber sa...

haha.. Vi får se til uka da vett. Then we`ll se who`s the best of us. The game is ON!! :)