onsdag 6. januar 2010

24 special hours.

The last 24 hours have been of the most special, challenging, strange, confuseing and interessting time of my life..

Infield for the south students have started with a boom. Last night we saw a movie called: Live, and Become. (For those who don`t know, it is from this movie Hald International Senter has gotten its slogan; Go-Learn-Become).
Agnar introdused the movie as handling about poverty, racism, identity and religion. He was absolutely right. Without any doubt, I would say that this is deffinetily one of the BEST films I have ever seen.

Today, Harald is having teaching about poverty. In of the sessions, he showed a speach which Bono, the lead singer in U2, gave in Washington, under the invitation by former president, George W Bush. Bono talks about Charity and Justice... What are they, and can they iradicate poverty?!
After the speach, the south students here at Hald started reflecting and discussing around the terms: Charity, Justice, Peace, Poverty...
Sitting on the sideline, with the impression from yesterdays movie, still hanging over my head, twisting, turning and molding around in my head, and getting the opportunity to listen to what the students had to say.. I`ve got to say, I was blown away.
Charity can not iradicate poverty, only justice can. But justice can not be fullfilled withouth peace. But what is Charity? What is justice? WHAT IS POVERTY?
Some really big questions were disgussed, few answers were given, more questions raised, leaving me confused, impressed, inspired and much more..

If it were up to me.. Each and every leader and journalist in Norway, would sit on the sideline, hearing that discussion, so that they could see that when it comes to poverty, I believe that there is no one that are more capable of express and discuss the true nature of poverty, than those who have seen it, experienced it, grown up, surrounded by it..
But then.. What is poverty??

Ingen kommentarer: