søndag 22. februar 2009

My biggest blessing here in Lao

The title says "my biggest blessing here in Lao". Being here in Lao is for me the biggest experience of my life. I get to live away from home for the first time, I get to eat a lot of good food, I get to work with nice kids, I get to work with deth`s parents, I get to have Kristian/Bonlai as my partner, I get to attend a very good church, I get to experience poverty, I will soon get to see NMS` projects here in Lao. But biggest of all, I get to live and be friends with the Lao PEOPLE.

They are so amazing. Where ever you go, they meet you with a smile. They are helpfull. They are kind. They are not rich. They er humble, and that is only a few of their qualities.

Here`s a story that proves the qualities of Lao people.
On friday I attended a wedding for a guy in the church. And as always, I do my share of helping out with cleaning and stuff. But before I started to help with the disches, I left my camera bag by some tables, a little bit out of sight. In the bag I had my camera (Nikon D40), passport, driver liscence, visacard and some money. When I finished the cleaning and went to get my bag, it was gone.
Not to worry, the bag, with everything was found the day after. Some kids had taken it to play, and one of the fathers took the bag with him home. But, the cool thing is how the people in the church helped me. I started to look for my camera,and within 5 min, everyone left at the church were looking. They called everyone they knew had gone to the wedding, even though it was late. They didn`t hesitate. We gathered and prayed together. And on my way home from church, I got three phone calls, from people saying how sorry they are, that they will pray, that they hope it`s not stolen. And the day after, when I got my camera back, many people came up to me, saying how happy they were and that they had prayed a lot.
The way the Lao people backed me up with wishes, prayers and thoughts, show me the quality of the people.

I thank God that I am so lucky to live with them, and to have them as my friends. When I leave Lao, the people is what I`m going to miss the most. They truly are my biggest blessing here in Lao!!

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

hei du :) tror jeg hadde gått langt over bagasjegrensa hvis jeg hadde tatt med meg sancos hjem men vi kan jo forsøke å lage noen på hald :) ser ut som dere har det flott. det har jeg og:)
gleder meg til p and p i mai :)
stor klem fra peru

Eirik A jobber sa...

Jeg er klar for å lage :D
Og som du selv sier, du er flink til å lære bort!

S sa...

Å, nå fikk du meg til å savne India. Menneskene der er så helhjerta og ekte, akkurat som det virker som du opplever det! Og det å oppleve å få venner VENNER over der og ikke bare være turist er noe spesielt. Du er utrolig heldig som får være der så lenge og virkelig bli en del av det!

For et fantastisk bønnesvar at du fant alt! Gud er så med og jeg bare elsker at han bare er everywhere! Takk for at du deler det!