onsdag 4. november 2009

Eg er glad

Things are going really well these days.
I`ve just come back from leading a practice for a young worship band. It is so inspiring to see development and to see the band member getting better and more confident for each week. And I`ve only been helping them for three weeks. So yeah, after coming back from practice now, I feel really good!
Otherwise my foot is getting better, so I can work more and more and more out.
Volleyball is a winner, and being able to hit that ball is one of the best things I can do in my life.

But if could have done anything else right now, I would have been back in Lao, working in the church, through Hald. I miss it so much. Reading the blogs of the this year students is so inspiring!

At the same time, knowing that for each person in norway dying of the swineflu, 1000 kids in the world are dying of starvation. At that is only from starvation. Then there are Malaria, diarrhea, AIDS, catastrofies, bad water, general health etc etc etc.. Then we have the 100 million kids living on the streets of the world..

In other words.. I AM PRRRRETTY LUCKY.
And my job this year, is to spread that message, telling the youth of norway how fortunate they are, and how ignorant the people in Norway are. In stead of being gratefull and humble for actually living in Norway and having too much food on the table, we want more and more. And there we have the peoples parti in Norway saying "Everyone shall get more" (alle skal ha mer).
Again, I`m ashamed by the west and our egiosm!!

Ene klassa jeg hadde i Laos. Disse er blant de få som får lære engelsk fra barneskolen av, og dermed får et helt annet utgangspunkt i livet.

3 kommentarer:

Malene sa...

halla, mr.jobber
kunne ikke sagt det bedre selv. snakkes
hilsen Malin

Siri Øksendal sa...

Jeg er SÅ enig!

rajen sa...

Nice to read form you Erick. God bless you in your work..